- Bachelor of Science (Mathematical Physics) and Diploma in Informatics (University of Melbourne, 2018)
- Master of Science (Computer Science) student with Vanessa Teague (graduating 2020)
- Head Tutor for SWEN20003 Object Oriented Software Development since 2016
- Tutor for COMP90025 Parallel & Multicore Computing and COMP90015 Distributed Systems
- Past tutor for COMP90048 Declarative Programming (2019-2020), COMP90044 Research Methods (2020), and COMP20007 Design of Algorithms (2017-2018)
- Eleanor McMurtry, Olivier Pereira, and Vanessa Teague. When is a test not a proof? ESORICS (2020).
- Eleanor McMurtry, X. Boyen, C. Culnane, K. Gjøsteen, T. Haines, R. Rivest, P. Ryan, V. Teague. Verifiable Remote Voting with Paper Assurance. In submission.
- Eleanor McMurtry, Vanessa Teague, and many others. A series of blog posts about COVIDSafe.
- Jim Mussared and Eleanor McMurtry. The COVIDSafe App - 4 week update.
My main research interests lie in applied cryptography. My thesis is a proposed protocol for verifiable postal voting, mixing the benefits of paper voting with cryptographic assurance and honest-but-curious receipt freeness. Other interests include distributed systems, programming language design, abstract algebra, and category theory.
I have a grade of 8th kyu in goju ryu karate, play guitar, am learning piano, and occasionally make videogames. I enjoy gardening, musical theatre, and roleplaying games of all kinds.